Authored by William G. DeFoore, Ph.D.
Positive affirmations are really the only kind of affirmations you want to be making. Why? Because to affirm something means to declare that it is true.
What does "positive" actually mean? Generally, you consider something to be positive if it is something you want, and negative if it's something you don't want. So, as you can see, some people might disagree about what is positive and negative.
All you need to know is, what is positive to you? What makes you happy, gets you excited, brings a sense of relief, optimism and enthusiasm for your future well being and success? Statements that affirm your happiness, health and success in all aspects of life would be positive affirmations for you.
There is actually an art to using positive self talk in an effective manner. Here are some of the steps you can take to make this powerful tool work for you:
Of course, you can get your affirmations from other sources, and don't have to create your own. Either way is good, but when you create your own, you know for sure that they are focused on your own unique feelings and needs.
A good way to get started is to select your favorites from others' lists, then modify them to suit yourself, and add new ones to your list.
I'm going to give you some positive affirmations that I recommend, and you can feel free to use them, modify them, and add your own to personalize your list.
Choose the statements from the list below that feel like:
Okay, here's the list:
* I can do anything I set my mind to.
* I have a brilliant mind, and I choose to constantly expand my positive use of my brilliance.
* When I focus my mind on what I want with optimism and enthusiasm, I am creating exactly what I desire for myself.
* I choose to use the powerful focus of my mind to pay attention to what is good, right and working in myself and the world around me.
* I love exercising my creative mind to find the humor in the little and big things of everyday life.
* My body is a naturally self-correcting, self-healing organism.
* My body is my friend.
* I trust my body to heal itself, with my support and help.
* I appreciate all that is good, right and working about my body.
* I care for my body and it cares for me.
* I trust the wisdom of my emotions, even if I don't fully understand them.
* I am learning to express all of my emotions in healthy, productive ways.
* I choose to understand, express and release my negative emotions and allow my positive emotions to grow and expand.
* I choose to engage in thoughts and activities that enhance my love and my joy.
* My true emotional nature is joy and love.
* I choose to focus on all that I like and love about my family and friends.
* I enjoy seeing the best in others, and giving them the benefit of the doubt.
* When I don't know what's going on with someone I know, I choose to make positive guesses to fill in the blank.
* Most people are quietly going about the business of doing the right thing, and trying to enjoy their lives.
* Bright, creative people are working right now all over the planet, to make this a better place for everyone.
These positive affirmations are designed to help you embrace and celebrate the beauty, depth and magnificence of who and what you are. You are far more brilliant, talented and powerful than you have ever dreamed of being.
Use these positive statements as a springboard to catapult you to the next level of your personal and professional development.
New! CommentsWe'd love to hear from you! Leave us a comment in the box below.