Will Help You Get What You Want In Life
Positive affirmations are really the only kind of affirmations you want to be making. Why? Because to affirm something means to declare that it is true.
What does "positive" actually mean? Generally, you consider something to be positive if it is something you want, and negative if it's something you don't want. So, as you can see, some people might disagree about what is positive and negative.
All you need to know is, what is positive to you? What makes you
happy, gets you excited, brings a sense of relief, optimism and
enthusiasm for your future well being and success? Statements that affirm your happiness, health and success in all aspects of life would be positive affirmations for you.
How Do I Create Positive Affirmations?
There is actually an art to using positive self talk in an effective manner. Here are some of the steps you can take to make this powerful tool work for you:
- Find or create statements that resonate for you. One way to do that is to list your old, self-limiting beliefs, and then compose new, self-empowering beliefs to replace them.
- Repetition is key. Your old negative beliefs did not get established overnight, they have been there and running (mostly subconsciously) for a long time. Repeat your new, positive statements at least daily, until they become second nature.
- Make your positive affirmations in first person, present tense or future tense. Avoid the words "should" or "ought to."
- Focus your affirmations on your body/physical health, mind/mental health and emotions. It is also good to bring in your spiritual beliefs in this process.
- To make sure they are positive statements, weed out all negative words. For example, instead of "I'm not going to let others take advantage of me," make the statement, "I will stand firm and strong in what I want and believe."
Of course, you can get your affirmations from other sources, and don't have to create your own. Either way is good, but when you create your own, you know for sure that they are focused on your own unique feelings and needs.
A good way to get started is to select your favorites from others' lists, then modify them to suit yourself, and add new ones to your list.
How Do I Get Started?
I'm going to give you some positive affirmations that I recommend, and you can feel free to use them, modify them, and add your own to personalize your list.
Choose the statements from the list below that feel like:
- It is true for you now, and you want it to get stronger.
- You would like for it to be true, but it's not (yet).
- It's something you want, but it seems out of your reach.
Okay, here's the list:
Positive Affirmations For Your Mind
* I can do anything I set my mind to.
* I have a brilliant mind, and I choose to constantly expand my positive use of my brilliance.
* When I focus my mind on what I want with optimism and enthusiasm, I am creating exactly what I desire for myself.
* I choose to use the powerful focus of my mind to pay attention to what is good, right and working in myself and the world around me.
* I love exercising my creative mind to find the humor in the little and big things of everyday life.
Affirmations For Your Body And Physical Health
* My body is a naturally self-correcting, self-healing organism.
* My body is my friend.
* I trust my body to heal itself, with my support and help.
* I appreciate all that is good, right and working about my body.
* I care for my body and it cares for me.
Affirmations For Your Emotions And Your Good Heart
* I trust the wisdom of my emotions, even if I don't fully understand them.
* I am learning to express all of my emotions in healthy, productive ways.
* I choose to understand, express and release my negative emotions and allow my positive emotions to grow and expand.
* I choose to engage in thoughts and activities that enhance my love and my joy.
* My true emotional nature is joy and love.
Affirmations For Your Relationships
* I choose to focus on all that I like and love about my family and friends.
* I enjoy seeing the best in others, and giving them the benefit of the doubt.
* When I don't know what's going on with someone I know, I choose to make positive guesses to fill in the blank.
* Most people are quietly going about the business of doing the right thing, and trying to enjoy their lives.
* Bright, creative people are working right now all over the planet, to make this a better place for everyone.
These positive affirmations are designed to help you embrace and celebrate the beauty, depth and magnificence of who and what you are. You are far more brilliant, talented and powerful than you have ever dreamed of being.
Use these positive statements as a springboard to catapult you to the next level of your personal and professional development.